Welcome to Yuva Kalyan Departmental description
The Prantiya Rakshak Dal (PRD) was constituted in 1947 with a view to establish self-confidence and communal harmony among villagers, to inculcate a feeling of self-reliance and discipline among them and for self-protection and controlling crime. In the year 1952, the Council of Physical Culture was integrated into the Prantiya Rakshak Dal, as a result of which the task of rural sports, physical fitness through gymnasiums and strengthening of rural movement was initiated. In the year 1956, the “Youth Movement Organisation” was constituted, under which associations of rural youth started organizing themselves as Yuvak Mangal Dal. In order to ensure inspirational contribution of these in rural development programmes, the name of Prantiya Rakshak Dal was changed in 1971 to Pradeshik Vikas Dal. The Janshakti Sanchalan Directorate set up in 1974 was changed into the Directorate of Youth Welfare in 1982, and in this manner, the present role and responsibility of the Prantiya Rakshak Dal / Vikas Dal and Directorate of Youth Welfare was defined. Readmore
Principal Schemes/Programmes of the Department
Following schemes/programmes are being run by the department.
- With a view to inculcate habit of sports in rural youth and to provide sports facilities at local level 'Rajeev Gandhi Khel Abhiyan' has been started by GOI w.e.f. 1-4-2014 under which One Play Field in each Gram Panchayat will be developed and One Sports Complex at each Block Panchayat level will be constructed.
- Upto financial year 2013-14 10772 Gram and 198 Block PYKKA centers have been developed under PYKKA scheme of GOI.
- In addition 81 rural sports stadium have been established under state and central scheme.
- Under the scheme of GOI Sports Competitions of Boys of Girls under 16 years of age of the exercising rural youth to show their talent and provided ample opportunity to go ahead are organized in disciplines adopted by the state from Block to National Level. Participation of state team in National Competitions are also being ensured.
- With a view to achieve above target rural youth having the age group up 13-35 years are organized under Yuvak/Mahila Mangal Dals. The Members of these dals play active role in implementation of schemes related to Environment, Health and Social sector. On the basis of their active participation in above schemes, best of them are being encourage by providing Rs. 2,000/- per year under the scheme 'Yuvak/Mahila Mangal Dal Protsahan'.
- To inculcate leadership qualities in rural youths through seminars, group discussions and community works, district and state level Youth Leadership Camp are organized. Cultural Programmes are also being organized at district & divisional level to encourage the hidden talents of rural areas and to make aware of the rich cultural heritage of state to the rural youth under the scheme 'Rastra Nirmaan evam Samajik Karyo Mein Yuvaon ka Yogdan'.
- State level Youth festival competition is also organized at state level and participation of state team is ensured at National Youth Festival organized by GOI.
- To make aware of the rural people about the welfare schemes of state as well as GOI, Jan-Jagrukta Programmes are organized at district level through bycycle rally, Exhibition or by Cultural Programmes.
- With a view to achive the above target rural youth are recruited in Prantiya Rakshak Dal Organization. Initial training and after three year refresher training are imparted to recruit the rural youth. Trained P.R.D. Volunteers are deployed in Elections, Melas and to assist police personnel in maintaining law and order in various districts of the state as required Rs. 185/- per volunteer per day are paid as duty allowance.
- To enhance National Integration various schemes of GOI as well as state viz. National Youth Award, to provide financial assistance to NGOs and to run sports hostel etc. are also being conducted by the department.
- With a view to achieve above target, it is proposed to make state youth policy on basis of 'National Youth Policy-2014'.